Affordable Cooling for Seniors
At Close Comfort, we cool people not rooms.
This means our portable air conditioning solution is ideal for aged and in-home care services, either in addition to central or room air conditioning or as an extremely economic alternative to conventional air conditioners.
With Australia facing an ageing population, rising temperatures and surging power prices, finding cost effective ways to keep seniors cool and comfortable is more important than ever.
According to Climate Council research, heatwaves "cause the greatest number of deaths of any type of natural disaster in Australia". We invented Close Comfort to resolve this serious issue, while keeping costs to a minimum.
With wall-mounted air conditioning units, nearly all of the electricity is wasted cooling walls rather than the people in the room.
Impact of heat and housing on elderly people and society (Source: The Conversation, 2017)
10 reasons why Close Comfort is the solution for you!
- Portable and convenient, our units weigh just 17kgs and can be moved on wheels to take with you and used anywhere
- NO WATER, NO PIPING, NO INSTALLATION COSTS - just plug in and go!
- Close Comfort needs 75% LESS POWER to run than standard air conditioners (same power usage as just 4 light bulbs), dramatically reducing power costs
- Standard portable air conditioners use up to 2,500 Watts of electric power and most require special installation - whereas Close Comfort requires just 300 Watts to provide refrigerated air conditioning without any installation
- Close Comfort presents the lowest-cost air conditioning solution, providing comfort at a fraction of the cost of upgrading existing systems or buildings and is equally applicable for residential, hospice or home care use
- Using fans can actually make dehydration worse, not better, Close Comfort avoids these side effects and users tell us they no longer suffer the eye and skin irritation problems common with standard air conditioners
- Many older people avoid using air conditioners and suffer heat stress as a result; they can use Close Comfort without ever having to worry about power bills again and enjoy affordable relief in heatwaves
- Close Comfort's portable unit can be used to cool people either inside or outside, with windows open or closed, so it fits within your life rather than needing to fit your life around your air cooler - let the fresh air in!
- Close Comfort can be used with room air conditioners too - reduce power bills by increasing the thermostat temperature while using Close Comfort’s focused cooling for seniors who need extra comfort
- Close Comfort units purchased for your business can be claimed as instant asset write-offs (revenue $50m or less)
For technical information on how our solution works click here
For answers to frequently asked questions click here
FOR BUSINESSES LOOKING TO BUY MULTIPLE UNITS OR REFER OUR UNITS TO IN-HOME PATIENTS IN YOUR CARE PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL US ANYTIME TO DISCUSS ATTRACTIVE COMMERCIAL OPTIONS.
PHONE: +61 (0)401 209 646 during WST office hours